Career roadblocks: a workshop for mid-career museum professionals
Explore career options in this practical one-day workshop for mid-career professionals from across the GLAM sector: galleries, libraries, archives and museums.
This workshop suits professionals who have moved past entry level and are looking for their next career challenge.
The workshop and its pre-work provides practical tools and strategies to assist participants to work through their career issues.
● assessment of participant’s current situation
● identifying career parameters and drivers
● identifying strategies to overcome career blockages and impediments
● identifying development options
● developing an action plan encompassing career plans, goals, timetables for realistic options
By working through career and work-life issues, participants will explore internal and external issues impacting their work environment, as well as identifying options for their own future development. The workshop will be tailored to participants needs and individual circumstances.
Workshop places are limited to 15 participants.
Bookings close 8 September 2017
Museums Galleries Australia members receive a $100 (40%) discount.
Members: $150.00 (including institutional members)
Price includes lunch. Do you have special dietary requirements - please let us know: Dietary requirements
Institutional members need to enter a coupon name at checkout. For coupon information please contact National office
- formerly Deputy Director, Interpretation and Programs at the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House
- extensive experience in museums, heritage and the cultural sector in senior management roles
- has undertaken Museum Leadership Programs run by the Getty Institute, Los Angeles and Museums Australia
- works as a mentor under the Australia Council's Emerging Leaders program