A message from the national president
I have just written to every state/territory branch president, national councillor, and national network convenor as part of the new national council’s commitment to undertake a strategic review of Museums Galleries Australia. The council’s objectives for this review are:
- to consult on our value proposition with all members,
- to review the National Council Strategic Plan and update for 2017-2020,
- to strengthen the relationships and co-operation between different parts of the organisation,
- to come up with options and decisions about re-positioning and rebranding and implement necessary changes in an open and clear way,
- to build stronger relationships with like-minded organisations and stakeholders, and
- for this process to strengthen the association.
We are determined to provide members with a range of opportunities to comment and engage with this review. Branches and networks will be consulting with members and interested parties over the coming months. There will also be an online survey of all members and, as always, there is an open invitation to write, email or phone your branch committee or the national office.
Council’s Review Taskforce has prepared a draft Value Proposition (attached), which I encourage you to read and give us your response.
Please feel free to contact me, the national director Alex Marsden, or any national or state/territory committee member to discuss ideas, approaches or concerns.
The strategic review is vital to our evolution as a stronger national membership association and peak advocacy body. Your feedback and guidance is very important in achieving this goal.
Dr Robin Hirst PSM