MGA2018 Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Call for Abstracts is now open for the Museums Galleries Australia National Conference 2018 to be held in Melbourne from 4 to 7 June at the historical Meat Market.
Submit your abstract online by 5pm AEST, Tuesday 31 October 2017. The Program Committee will review all submissions and contact you with the outcome by Monday 4 December 2017.
Sub-themes within the overall theme of 'Agents of Change' include:
- Breaking down barriers
Including issues of diversity, gender, race, privilege, equity, and social justice, and telling difficult stories.
- Making connections
Including the distinction between art and science, metro and regional, the relationship between the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
- Places of engagement and learning
Including ways in which museums and galleries address climate change, discrimination, and fact versus opinion.
- Championing innovation
Including new ways to manage and display collections, new curatorial techniques, digital museums and galleries, and thinking differently about museum management and professional development.
- Plenary (30 minutes)
- Parallel session (20 minutes)
- Design a whole session (1 hour or 1.5 hours)
- Pecha kucha (10 minute lightning talk)
- Workshop (1 hour or 2 hours)
- Discussion panel (45 minutes)
- Critique (1 hour)
- Masterclass (1.5 hours)
- Debate (1 hour)
- Exhibition tour (1.5 hours)
- Facilitated out of the box networking
- Speed dating e.g. meet an expert (6 x 10 minutes)
- Any of the above sessions with live Twitter questions
- Any of the above sessions with no social media e.g. ‘mistakes were made’ session
Please ensure your proposal includes:
- an abstract (max. 150 words) linked to one or more conference sub-themes
- short bio (max. 200 words)
- (if applicable) short bio of the chairperson (max. 200 words)
- preferred format
Please visit www.mga2018.org.au for more information and updates.
If you have any queries, please contact Conference Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.