An exciting opportunity exists at the Benalla Art Gallery for a Public Programs Curator.
Benalla Art Gallery’s inspiring exhibitions are supported by dynamic workshops, talks and events which provide a direct experience and deeper understanding of making and thinking about art. Our philosophy is to explore new modes of art in context with the traditions, innovations and practitioners of the past.
The Public Programs Curator:
- Enhances the Gallery’s exhibition program through the development and delivery of innovative audience engagement strategies
- Delivers a broad range of public programs for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to deepen enjoyment of the Gallery experience
- Works with schools, students and other groups to facilitate art-related learning
- Builds greater community engagement with the Gallery through social media, outreach programs and liaison with the Gallery’s community of supporters
- Assists with the daily operations of the Gallery.
The successful applicant will have broad experience in the delivery of public engagement programs and exhibitions within the Australia visual arts sector.
Relevant tertiary qualifications, experience and knowledge of historic and contemporary Australian art are essential. Strong networks within the Australian visual art sector are desirable.
This is a 12 month full time maternity leave cover position. Download an Employment Information Pack at www.benalla.vic.gov.au or obtain a pack from Human Resources Coordinator Rhonda McDonald, telephone (03) 5760 2662.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 3 August 2017.
For a confidential discussion on the position, telephone Benalla Art Gallery Director Bryony Nainby on (03) 5760 2619.
Bryony Nainby, Director, Benalla Art Gallery
03 5760 2619