Housed in one of Australia’s most prominent national heritage listed buildings, the Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD) at Old Parliament House was the first museum in Australia dedicated to telling the story of the journey of our democracy. It seeks to provide a range of innovative exhibitions, tours, interpretation, education programs and public activities that will inspire and challenge visitors to explore democracy from its ancient roots to the present day and possible futures.
The Heritage Project Coordinator has the responsibility for providing specialist built heritage services to ensure the successful completion of capital works and major refurbishments consistent with obligations under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) and the Old Parliament House and Curtilage Heritage Management Plan (HMP).
Working in a small team responsible for strategic planning and delivery of capital works, the position will develop and deliver heritage approval and decision making documentation in accordance with policies, procedures and guidelines such as the Old Parliament House and Curtilage HMP and the Australia ICOMOS Burra Charter. The position is required to work closely with other teams of the museum including Facilities, Heritage & Collection and Exhibitions.
1. Provide specialist built heritage advice across a range of projects with reference to the EPBC Act and the Old Parliament House and Curtilage HMP.
2. Develop and deliver Action Proposals through investigation, consultation, monitoring and assessment processes through to closure reporting.
3. Contribute to contract management including scope of works project documentation and key milestone reporting.
4. Supervise specialist contractors such as conservators.
5. Manage project data that increases the amount and accuracy of heritage documentation including photography.
6. Provide staff and contractors with heritage training and support within a project delivery environment.
This position will be part of a capital works project that is expected to be completed within three years. A non-ongoing contract will be offered for this period.
To be eligible for employment with MoAD, the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and be willing to undergo and maintain a security clearance at the baseline level.
Sharon Towns on 02 6270 8189