Under close supervision as a member of a team, undertake the following duties:
• Examine and assess collection materials of all formats and enter intellectual and physical information describing them into the collection management database. Prepare and label collection materials for storage.
• Upgrade existing database records.
• Provide training in collection description and packaging procedures.
• Make comparative selection and deselection recommendations when required.
• Provide administrative assistance, and assist in special projects to do with data quality and the collection.
In relation to the ‘Job Details’ listed above, concisely describe your skills, experience, and achievements against each of the following areas:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of collection description, handling and control of collection materials in the archive, museum or library environment, with particular reference to audio visual materials.
2. Ability to work as a member of a team and to undertake tasks requiring patience, with minimal supervision.
3. Communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Experience in research and accurate record keeping combined with demonstrated administrative problem solving skills.
5. Good knowledge of Australian audio visual culture and history.
Qualifications and/or equivalent experience if required:
• Relevant experience in a collecting institution and/or audio-visual industry is desirable. Library, Archive or Museum qualifications and/or other relevant tertiary studies are desirable.
The assessment process for this position will include:
• A brief written statement of qualifications/experience against the job details.
The assessment process for this position may also include:
• An interview; and
• Referee checking.
Most recent CV should also be attached.
Phone - 02 6248 2047
Email - email@example.com