Australia's largest public museum organisation is seeking two Facilitators to present education programs to secondary school students, teachers and stakeholders in the Road to Zero Road Safety Experience at Melbourne Museum, and to regional audiences through the associated outreach program.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
These two positions are accountable for facilitating curriculum-aligned education programs that support TAC’s (Transport Accident Commission’s) mission of road safety education and contributes to Museums Victoria’s audience experience.
The successful applicants will have experience in interpreting content from various Victorian Curriculum subject areas, including science and health, for secondary school audiences.
Notable skills and experiences:
1. Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to interpret content from various Victorian Curriculum subject areas, including science and health, for secondary school audiences.
3. Awareness of education and learning techniques for diverse audiences.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, including ability to independently operate digital interactive technologies.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams including the ability to work with multiple project leaders.
6. Able to take responsibility for own performance and manage own work and time effectively.
Please see position description (Role Statement) for full the Key Selection Criteria required by the successful applicant. Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
This is an irregular part-time (FTE 0.4, minimum 30 hours per fortnight) three-year fixed-term position. The salary on offer is $50,828 per annum; paid pro rata (Base of grade) plus 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, please visit our employment website: https://museumsvictoria.com.au/careers/ and select ‘Current Vacancies’
For more information about this position, please contact Elke Barczak on (03) 8341 7314.
To apply, please follow this link and select ‘APPLY NOW’:
Please attach the three following documents with your application:
• Your Cover letter
• Your CV
• Your written responses to the Key Selection Criteria as described in the Role Statement
Applications Close: Sunday, 13 January 2019
Elke Barczak - Direct line: (03) 8341 7314