This role reports to the Director of External Relations and is responsible for securing financial support for the National Portrait Gallery by developing, managing and fostering commercial partnerships. The occupant of this role will manage the current portfolio of sponsors and work with the Director of External Relations to secure new support for the Gallery's programs, exhibitions and activities. This position manages Gallery events with the support of the Gallery’s Partnerships and Commercial Coordinator who reports to this position. Some out of hours work will be required
1. In tandem with the Director External Relations, secure new financial support by developing and fostering relationships with prospective sponsors and commercial partners, creating a compelling case for commercial support of the NPG and creating a suite of marketing and commercial benefits designed to entice new partners.
2. Nurture existing partnerships through excellent relationship management and the ongoing development of marketing, branding and hospitality opportunities for current partners.
3. Undertake prospect research to create a targeted list of prospects and create bespoke cultivation plans for these prospects.
4. Manage NPG internal events including Gallery openings, working with the Partnership and Commercial Coordinator.
5. Provide support for Foundation Events when required by the Foundation Manager.
6. Supervise the Partnerships and Commercial Coordinator.
7. Provide leadership, development and implementation of the venue hire business, ensuring that the NPG’s Venue Hire offering is competitive and in line with the NPG brand.
8. Foster an organisation-wide understanding of the benefits of commercial partnerships and corporate support.
9. Monitor, maintain and use CRM information systems in relation to the partners, optimising the potential of the data base.
1. Demonstrated experience and success in researching and securing corporate sponsorships and partnerships, preferably in a cultural organisation
2. Demonstrated successful relationship management in the corporate sector, particularly in the area of delivering opportunities for commercial partners which have a positive impact on their business.
3. Demonstrated experience in developing and managing events and cultural projects, both at a strategic and hands-on level.
4. Demonstrated experience in making a significant contribution to a team through successful project-management
5. A broad knowledge of partnership development and trends in similar organisations across the cultural and NFP sectors.
6. Proven experience in using customer relationship systems and data bases effectively in order to develop prospect leads, manage current partnerships and produce analytical reports.
7. Ability to promote and apply the current APS values across function and to model and demonstrate adherence to the Gallery’s risk management framework and Work Health and Safety principles.
The applicant must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
To apply, please submit your written application addressing:
• How your skills and experience fit with the role. Please provide some examples (up to 500 words).
• How you meet the description of ‘our ideal candidate’ (up to 250 word).
Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com along with current CV and application coversheet which can be found on our website www.portrait.gov.au by midnight Monday 28 January 2019.
Liz Nield 02 6102 7068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org